Bloggers to the rescue - like a cavalry charge! thank you for all of your suggestions ---- I am still not completely sure what I will do, but I am leaning toward giving this sweater to D#2 and knitting Boar another. I think we all agree that it is too short for him. Here is what the voices in my head are saying:
- I am sick of this project
- If I re-do it, I will not only rip out all the seams to add pattern repeats to the front and back, but will also make a side panel to add some width. It's not crucial, but it could stand it. I am not sure how this would effect the sleeve and don't know if I am up to that sort of design challenge.
- I think it is already over blocked, so trying to get more out of it won't work.
- It fits D#2. It is big on her, but in that 'good, cozy' way. Not in the 'it's eating her alive' way.
- I don't think D#2 will wear it as much as I would like her to, but she has stated that she will wear it. It is the type of sweater that will last her for years, D#2 is a beginner knitter and appreciates all the work involved.
- I have Friday free ---- I could take a trip to Granny's and find some yarn for a different sweater for Boar ..... I am taking suggestions ..... or I could give this another go with another yarn ..... or I could just rip the whole thing out entirely, down to the skank and reknit ....
In the immortal words of Darren's mother Phyllis, "I'm getting a sick headache" ---- how about some black dogs in snow pictures?
ps. the Boar's chest measures 43", I knit the 49" size --- was that my first mistake? should I have knit the 52"?